Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tool # 11

After going through all the tools, I can visualize better the danger and the responsibilities students can encounter using technology. It is imperative that students have at least the basic knowledge of Digital Citizenship. So, they can be informed about the norms of behavior they should follow regarding technology use. Students now days feel comfortable with its use on daily basis, but we need to make sure they use technology appropriately.

Integrating the new tools in my classroom comes with the responsibility to teach my students about digital citizenship.
Three things I want my kids to know and practice from digital citizen are:
Digital Security & Safety: electronic precautions to guarantee safety/physical well-being in a digital technology world
Digital Etiquette: electronic standards of conduct or procedure
Digital Literacy: the process of teaching and learning about technology and the use of technology

No comments:

Post a Comment